CIT, Beginning Network Administration Cisco Specialty, Occupational Certificate
Are you interested in the way things work? Have you always wanted to build your own computer? If so, San Jacinto College’s Network Administration program can provide you with the skills to become a desktop and laptop computer hardware and software support expert. Our program teaches students to install, maintain, repair, replace, and upgrade computers to set them on course for a fulfilling career in the always-booming tech industry.
The San Jacinto College’s Network Administration program:
- Provides students with the skills necessary to work as Computer Network Service Technicians, with an emphasis placed on installing and maintaining network;
- Is designed to provide students with skills in desktop computer hardware and software support;
- Teaches students to install, maintain, repair, replace, and upgrade desktop computers; and
- Prepares students for industry certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+ and Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), and Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA).
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Desktop Support and Microsoft Networking is an excellent entry point into future studies leading to careers that include:
- Desktop Support Specialists,
- Helpdesk Supports,
- PC Technicians,
- MS Network Administrators,
- Network Administrators,
- Server Administrators, and
- Network Operations Specialists.
Network and Computer Systems Administrators: $95,8351per year
Computer Network Support Specialist: $80,2831per year
Source:texaswages.com, median salary Gulf Coast region, 2020
For more information, students may contact North campus, 281-998-6150, x7242; or South campus, 281-929-4603.
The Computer Information Technology program is designed primarily for students seeking an Occupational Certificate, Certificate of Technology, or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree. Students can expect to complete most CIT certificates in three semesters and AAS degrees in as few as four semesters. For those students who have already fulfilled general education requirements, it may be possible to finish degree course work even sooner. It is generally recommended that students complete the 21 semester credit hour Computer Information Technology (CIT) foundations Occupational Certificate before continuing into a Certificate of Technology or AAS degree. Most courses in this Occupational Certificate will apply toward the other CIT certificates and AAS degrees.
CIT课程提供了the graduate with the knowledge and in-demand applied technical skills needed to enter computer-related occupations in the business/industry job market. Certificates and AAS degrees are available in the following areas: Applications Programming, Desktop Support and Network Administration, Information Technology Cyber Security, Simulation and Game Design, Network Administration Cisco, and Web Applications Development.
- In Desktop Support and Microsoft Network Administration, a student can choose between a track with emphasis on computer hardware (installing, maintaining, repairing, and upgrading) and software support (installing and configuring) or one with focus on installing, configuring, and maintaining computer networks. This program of study prepares students for CompTIA’s A+ and Network+ exams as well as other widely recognized industry certifications. Support and network graduates are invaluable in keeping businesses running smoothly.
- The Cloud Computing program provides individuals education, training, the knowledge, skills, and concepts necessary to serve as a cloud support technician. Upon completion of the program, students will develop the fundamental skills necessary to support and manage infrastructure and workloads on cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
- The Cyber Security program prepares students for entry level security certifications such as Security+. It lays the ground work for higher level certifications. As an Information Technologist, you can help keep hackers, viruses, and terrorists from intruding and damaging computers and networks.
- The Simulation and Game Design program is designed for students who are interested in advanced programming areas, as in simulations, game programming, program testing, or multimedia programming.
- In the Network Administration Cisco Specialty, emphasis is on the design, implementation, and administration of local and wide-area router networks.
- The Web Applications Development program prepares students for entry-level positions in website design, web-based applications development, and website administration.
- CIT行业认证项目的目的是for students with industry experience in one or more of the following areas of study: beginning network administration, Cisco, and advanced information technology security. These certificates enable students to supplement their current job skills and obtain industry certifications, if desired. Each industry certificate consists of only the courses required to obtain a specific certification.
Note for transfer students: Due to variations in requirements at four-year colleges and universities, students desiring a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science are strongly advised to consult a CIT Department Chair at San Jacinto College and at the institution to which they wish to transfer. This communication regarding transfer degree plans with both computer department heads will help to ensure the transition process is as smooth as possible.
大学生入学到圣哈辛托说卡塔尔世界杯赛程时间表ms with external learning experiences (i.e., clinical, practicum, externship, cooperative, etc.) will be required to comply with the immunization requirements and policies of the clinical/external learning sites to engage in all clinical/external learning experiences. Vaccination requirements at clinical/external learning sites are implemented pursuant to the independent authority of such facilities and are not mandated by San Jacinto College. Failure to meet the immunization requirements mandated by clinical/external learning sites may limit a student’s ability to complete the program and/or may delay the student’s graduation date. San Jacinto College does not process exemptions, and students should address potential vaccination exemptions directly with the clinical/external learning site.
Computer Information Technology Industry Certification Program
CIT行业认证项目的目的是for students with industry experience in one or more of the following areas of study:
- Beginning Network Administration Cisco and/or
- Advanced Information Technology Security.
These certificates enable students to supplement their current job skills and obtain industry certifications, if desired. Each industry certificate consists of only the courses required to obtain a specific certification.
Plan of Study
|ITCC 1314||CCNA 1: Introduction to Networks||3|
|ITCC 1444||CCNA 2: Switching, Routing and Wireless Essentials||4|
|ITCC 2420||CCNA 3: Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation||4|
|ITCC 2441||CCNA Security||4|
Capstone Experience:ITCC 2441CCNA Security